Two Wheeler Insurance
Two-wheeler insurance is an insurance policy that covers multifarious damages that may occur due to an accident, theft, or natural disaster.
2 wheeler insurance gives protection against third party liabilities arising from injuries.
What is Bike Insurance?
Bike insurance is a legal contract between the insurer and the two-wheeler policyholder in which the company provides financial coverage to your bike against damages due to an accident.
6 Reasons to Buy Two Wheeler Insurance Online
- No Extra Charges
- No Previous Two Wheeler Policy Details Needed
- No Inspection or Documentation
- Easy Renewal of Expired Policy
- Quick Claim Settlement
- Online Support
Types of Bike Insurance Plans in India
- Third-Party Bike Insurance
Third-party bike insurance protects against all the legal obligations that arise out of causing damage to the third party.
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Comprehensive bike insurance protects against any damage to the vehicle .
Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance
Let’s take a look at the various benefits of buying two-wheeler insurance:
- Financial Protection: Two-wheeler insurance provides coverage that saves a lot of money in case of an accident, theft, or other damages.
- Accidental Injuries: It covers accidental injuries that you may have suffered.
- Cost of Spare Parts: Two-wheeler policy covers the cost of spare parts, including which have become costlier.
- Peace of Mind: The insurer will take responsibility for all unwanted expenses so that you can ride without worry.
What is Covered Under Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Losses & Damages Due to Natural Calamities
Any damage caused due to natural calamities, such as earthquake, flood, storm, tempest, and landslide and among others will be covered.
- Losses & Damages Due to Manmade Calamities
Two-wheeler insurance covers various manmade calamities, such as malicious acts, terrorist activity, and any damages caused by road, rail, elevator or air, etc.
- Personal Accident Coverage
A personal accident covers up to Rs. 15 lakh for injuries to the owner of a bike that may result in temporary or permanent disabilities.
- Theft or Burglary
It provides compensation to the owner in case of insured motorcycle or scooter gets stolen.
- Fire & Explosion
It covers damages caused due to fire or an explosion.
What is Not Covered under Two Wheeler Insurance Policies?
- Damages caused by normal wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Loss from any mechanical or electrical breakdowns.
- Depreciation loss from regular use.
- Damages to tires and tubes due to the normal course of running.
- When the bike was being driven by someone without a valid driving license.
- Damage caused due to alcohol or drugs
- Any damage incurred due to war or mutiny or nuclear risk
How to Claim Two Wheeler Insurance Online?
Here are some simple ways of filing a two-wheeler insurance claim online with your two-wheeler insurer online.
Let us discuss both types of claims in detail.
- Cashless Claim: the claim amount will be directly paid to the garage where the repairs were done.
- Reimbursement Claim: This claim can be registered if you get the repairs done at a garage that is not in the list of approved garages.
What are the Documents Required for Filing a Claim for Two Wheeler Insurance?
Here is a list of documents that you need to submit while filing a claim with your insurer:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of your bike
- Driving license copy
- Copy of your policy
- Duly signed claim form
- Police FIR (in case of mishappening)
- Original Repair bill receipt
- Proof of release
- Enter the required details
- Pay the premium amount through debit/ credit cards or internet banking
- The policy will be issued and you will receive the document on your registered email id