When we talk about being successful in stock market investment, one of the most important factor to consider apart from your trading strategy is the platform that you are using for trading. For consistent and secure trading, you must go with fast and one of the best trading platforms in India. Choosing a reliable and best trading platform in India is very important, especially for day traders as in a fraction of seconds your profits are turned into losses.
In this article we have shortlisted 5 best trading platforms in India. Along with the types of trading platforms, characteristics of best trading platforms and so on. Few software are available free of cost for opening account and for some other you have to pay some monthly fees.
Types of Trading Platform In India
Investing seamlessly in stock trading without getting time or distance barriers, it is important to use trustworthy and fast trading platform that works best as your requirements. In India, trading is commenced basically through 3 interfaces.
▶️ Mobile Based Platforms
Trading without mobile phones sounds quite impossible these days so mobile-based trading apps are those that can be accessed through smartphones. Some trading apps are also supported by the iOS version while most of them are available at the play store and can easily be accessed through your phone. The major reasons for using mobile-based platforms are due to ease of usage, portability, easy access, and no physical barriers.
▶️ Desktop Based Platforms
Desktop-based trading platforms are easy to use as you just have to install the software in your system or laptop. Just put in your login credentials and you are ready to go. This platform is best suited and preferable for quick buy/sell order placing.
▶️ Browser based Platforms
Browser-based trading platforms can be accessed through a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. When you don’t have access to a smartphone and desktop then these types of platforms are preferable. The only drawback of using this type of trading platform is that these are comparatively slower than the other two choices given.
Best Trading Platforms In India
|Speed Pro||Angel Broking|
|Trade Racer||ICICI Direct|
1. Zerodha Kite
Zerodha is one of the leading trading platforms in India. It was started back in 2010, and within the 11 years of its working they grabbed the number rank in best trading platforms in India.
It uses very minimalist and easy interface that screen is not messed up with to many items. Kite platform also comes with up to 11 Indian regional languages, making it easier to use by anyone.
Zerodha kite is build up with next generation technology to match with the trading requirements if every type of investor.
Zerodha Unbeatable Pricing
Features of Zerodha
- 6 types of chart representations- Helkin-Ashi, Kagi, Linebreak, Point & Figures, Range Bars and Renko
- Single click easy order placement.
- Gets integrated with brokerage calculator, margin calculator, Pulse and ZConnect.
- Easy integration with Quant tool
- Upto 5 market watchlists with 20 scrips can be created.
Pros of Zerodha Trading Platform
- Fund transfer across multiple banks is possible within the interface.
- The floating order window makes your purchase easy.
- Multiple market watch at the same time.
- Seamless integration with Quant tool for carrying out fundamental analysis using behavior analytics
- Order alerts, quotes, and live ticks.
- Easy search from 90K+ stocks to invest in and F&O contracts
- Zerodha offers multiple indicators, charts, and tools for making your trading experience more profitable.
- Low resources required, even clients having slow internet connectivity can smoothly trade without interrupts.
- Provide optimal user experience because of its lightweight and interactive features.
Cons of Zerodha Trading Platform in India
- Back-testing our trading strategy is not possible.
- Order cannot be placed through charts.
- Separate back office with the name Zerodha Q.
- Minor bugs reported with Firefox browser.
2. Upstox Pro
Upstox pro is one of the most advanced trading platforms in India that makes trading very easy for beginners as well as experts. They were priorly know as RSKV Securities. It allows users to directly access its trading tools from their device such as laptop, desktop, mobile or tablet, in place of downloading the app.
Upstox pro uses the technology named as socket technology that makes it faster to access and update real time market data.
A user can directly place the order from charts which helps in avoiding order placing mistakes and lets you to concentrate on charts more rather than symbols.
Its pricing, features pros and cons are enlisted below-
Upstox Pro Pricing
Pros of Upstox Account
- 100+ technical indicators can be applied on real time charts.
- Unlimited number of customized watchlists can be created with Upstox
- Instant price alerts for quick updates.
- Advance charting tools to match up with the industry standards.
- Contact predefined watchlists of Nifty 50 and other indices.
- Trading made very easy through Upstox along with investment in gold and mutual funds.
- Highly responsive app for desktop and mobile screen
- Order can be placed directly through the charts.
- Data is backed up by 256-bit encryption.
- Licensed to trade by all leading exchanges.
Cons of Upstox Account
- Minor bugs in software but frequent updates keep it updated.
- Upstox needs high-speed internet connectivity in order to serve you best.
3. ICICI Direct Trader
ICICI Direct Trader is biggest stock broker in India and fully packed with features trading platform in India. It is popular for raising trends in online trading and stock market investment in India. It is also terminal based software that means firstly in need to be installed from the website before using.
ICICI Direct trader has amazing Trade Scanner software that helps traders to find the trending scrips as per the condition set.
One can get access to their fundamental and technical calls through “iClick2Gain” module.
Its highly advance features and easy customizations makes its best trading platform in India to use.
Pros of ICICI Direct Trader
- Various widgets can be added as required.
- Widgets can be used within a single click using the icon bar.
- Heat map analysis for trading
- Provides information regarding gross delivery data, advanced decline ratio which is useful in analyzing the market behavior.
- Trend scanner feature helps traders to find the trending scrips as per condition set & map scanner.
- Terminal-based trading platform; hence you need to download it before use.
- It comes with three different views- Analytical View, Derivative View & Equity View.
- Live streaming quotes and research calls along with multiple watchlists.
Cons of ICICI Direct Trader
- Slow loading speed with slow internet connectivity.
- Too many trade calls will make you frustrated.
4. Angel Broking
Angel Broking is one of the most popular stock brokers in India and excellent trading software. It is desktop based software which means one need to install the software first before starting trading with it.
Angel Broking trading platform is known for offering its users a single window trading experience along with insightful trade evaluation features.
It offers discount brokerage model which means company charges fees of flat Rs.20 per trade and for delivery trade the brokerage charges is Rs.0.
Pros of Angel Broking
- Offers 30 days of intraday data & 20 years of historical data for detailed analysis and study before investing.
- All account-related information like My Portfolio, Trade report, fund management, and so on can be quickly accessed in an Angel Broking account.
- Some extraordinary features like News Flash, Open in Excel, Heat Map Analysis, Intraday, Combined Best Five, and Historic & Continuous Charts.
- Open Live Market in Excel with rate refresh.
- Online fund transfer, Streaming quotes, and multiple exchanges.
- Access to insightful summaries and reports.
- Customization to a specific level is easily available.
- Scrip addition feature for F&O, Commodity, and Currency segments.
- Get a quick look at the top five bids for buying and selling across BSE & NSE.
- Multi-Desktop options are available for easy toggle between the preferred screens.
Cons Of Angel Broking
- Minor improvements in software user interface preferred.
- PC with excellent configuration is required in order to experience best performance of the software.
5Paisa is a discount broker platform by IIFL (Indian Infoline). It enables you to trade in equity, invest in mutual funds, buy digital gold, insurance and take personal loans. This platform is also known as “Trader Terminal” as it provides an optimal user experience.
You need to download its .exe file in order to download it into your system as it desktop-based platform.
It is best suited for day traders as software speed is relatively fast and makes buying and selling operation really quick.
Pros of 5Paisa
- Intraday Charts for the last 30 days and fundamental data for more than 5 years.
- Get a quick look at top 5 bids for buying and selling for any scrip
- Easy to transfer funds from and to the bank account
- Multiple watchlists and each can be added with 100 scrips
- 0% brokerage fees & save lakh with it.
- Mutual fund investment at Rs.0 Commission which means some extra returns every year.
- Real-time reports for portfolio analysis helps to improve performance.
- Advance types of orders such as AMO, Cover orders can be placed.
- Customizations in the interface according to trader preferences are allowed.
- Allows investors to invest in mutual funds and insurance categories along with equity segment or the stock market.
Cons of 5Paisa
- Slow internet speed may cause delays in loading charts.
- Issues in responsiveness on this software.